Job Title: Network Administrator – Infrastructure 1
Employment Type: Permanent, Full Time
Job Type: Full-time
Salary Range: $65,000-$70,000
Cover Letter and Resume must both be submitted for review.
Over the past year, Leede Jones Gable (Leede) has experienced considerable growth, doubling its users and tripling its branches to become a nationwide, independent investment dealer. Leede is assembling a strong IT Team to support these changes and is looking for an experienced technician to join us immediately.
The Network Administrator-Infrastructure 1 (NAI 1) is the Network Administrator-Infrastructure 2’s (NAI 2) right-hand person and is relied upon for exceptional control over and intimate knowledge of the technical infrastructure, accurate reporting, professional advisement, for ensuring that industry and technical Best Practices are followed, for awareness of emerging threats and for competency during a crisis. In collaboration with the NAI 2, you take ownership of the technical backbone by proactively monitoring the network, servers, and applications, performing routine maintenance, addressing problems, auditing and planning for the future with your colleagues. Situated in the Calgary office, you are the eyes, ears and hands for infrastructure work and, occasionally, desktop environment support.
This role spends significant time monitoring and maintaining infrastructure, as well as researching, planning and working on projects. Working closely with the Team, you plan the Department’s project year and budget requirements, perform project-related research and produce business cases for the projects. Most importantly, you ensure that the Department’s projects do not, in any way, compromise the security and stability of current operations.
- Post-secondary: Undergraduate degree and a diploma in a network-related discipline from an accredited institution (or equivalent experience)
- Microsoft certified (or experience)
- VMWare trained
- Network principles and hardware training (e.g., HP, Cisco)
- Security and firewall certified (or experience)
- Excellent written and spoken English, and English comprehension
3 years of technical experience with deep knowledge of and working experience in the following areas:
- Installing, configuring and administering Windows Server 2003, 2008 & 2012,
- Installing, configuring and administering Active Directory 2012 and the associated services:
- Domain Controllers, the Domain model and domain replication
- Group Policy
- File and Print services
- Installing, configuring and administering VMWare ESXi 5.5, vCentre, SRM, vSphere & VUM
- Configuring and administering Microsoft Exchange 2010 with DAG & ActiveSync,
- Ethernet LAN/WAN operation, configuration and administration of major-brand switches, routers, as well as wireless networking technologies,
- Cloud technologies, migration to cloud technologies and hybrid environments (specifically Applications, Compute, Security, Storage)
- Administering RSA Secure ID
- Administering SSL certificates
- Configuring and administering next generation storage systems,
- Configuring and administering disk-based backup systems,
- Configuring and administering major-brand, next generation firewalls and firewall management systems,
- Configuring and administering a major-brand, multi-site IP telephony system
- Administering a major-brand of rackmount server (e.g., IBM, HP, DELL),
- Management of iPhone, Android and Blackberry devices in an enterprise environment,
- Enterprise grade, anti-malware software,
- Administering major-brand of UPS in a multi-server production environment,
- Creation and maintenance of infrastructure and technical procedure documentation,
- Help Desk support,
- Installing, configuring and administering Windows 7, 8 & 10
- Installing, configuring and using the MS Office (2003 – 2016 & 365) suite,
- Systems documentation, and
- Project management.
Previous technical experience in the financial services industry and with ThomsonONE, QuoteStream, ITS, IRESS, DTCC, CDS and the Broadridge Dataphile suite are an asset.
Leede Jones Gable prides itself on being a great place to work. This is a ‘family’ environment where individuals are treated respectfully, and given the opportunity to shine and share in the Firm’s success. Leede and its IT Department provide excellent benefits, including:
- A competitive salary,
- health and dental benefits,
- employee ownership opportunity,
- a mobile phone,
- coverage of or assistance with work-related courses and certifications, and
- bonus (dependent upon Firm and individual performance)
You must have a current driver’s license, a credit card, and be legally allowed to work in Canada. This job can be physically demanding, so you must be flexible, mobile and in good physical shape.
Please email your covering letter, resume and salary expectations. By submitting your resume, you authorize Leede Jones Gable Inc. to perform criminal record and credit checks. Suitable candidates will be contacted.
For more information about Leede, please visit www.leedejonesgable.com.
Please submit BOTH your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.