- This event has passed.
April 21, 2020 – Improve Your Collaboration and Productivity
April 21 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Improve Your Collaboration and Productivity – During and After a CovID19 Pandemic
Join us for a lively, interactive ONLINE session presented by Douglas McCrae – Vice President CIP Office Technology.
ABOUT OUR EVENT
We welcome CIP Office Technology – Gold CIC Sponsor for 2020 – for hosting this virtual event for our members. This event provides an exciting opportunity for CIP to showcase two very timely technologies: Avaya Spaces and Sharp’s Windows Collaboration Device. CIP will be utilizing both platforms to demonstrate how collaboration and productivity can be increased in the midst of a global CovID19 pandemic and sustained in the new paradigm in the aftermath of the pandemic.
Avaya Spaces™ is a cloud-based team collaboration and meeting tool with messaging, audio and video conferencing, file sharing, and more in an easy to use application that you can access from anywhere. Use it on your laptop at work, your tablet at home, or your phone on-the-go. For teams that need an effective way to enable communications, manage tasks, and be more productive without being overwhelmed by email, Avaya Spaces provides the right balance of features and simplicity.
- Persistent Cloud Spaces — Online topic or project-oriented places you create that bring people, content, and communications together. In these hubs, your teams can chat, meet, organize, and manage through their web browser or mobile app.
- Chat — Keep the chat going even when you’re not online, and pick up the conversation on any device — from your smartphone, to your tablet, to your laptop with the security and management benefits of a business app.
- Meet — Boost productivity and enhance relationships with face-to-face HD definition audio, video, and content sharing from virtually any location, any device. Phone dial-in is also available with local access in 40 countries.
- Organize — Stop searching through email or multiple apps for the latest updates and files. Post files, chat, and meet in your organized, subject oriented team spaces. • Manage — Coordinate work across teams, assign tasks, and track project progress, all in your persistent spaces.
Sharp Windows Collaboration Device
The Sharp WCD PN-CD701 collaboration display is the product of Sharp and Microsoft joining forces to create the ultimate collaboration platform.
It includes a next generation 4K 70″ Class (69.5” diagonal) interactive display, built-in microphone, 4K camera and IoT sensor hub that works seamlessly with the best Microsoft 365 collaboration tools. It’s all backed by the cloud to deliver outstanding ease of use and enable the continual analysis of meeting room conditions and usage.
Ease of use is at the forefront of this bold new design. Simply walk in, plug in, and start working together. The USB-C port offers a simple single connection which covers all the video, touch, and network data needs, and even charges your connected device. Additional integrated wireless casting makes it easy to share information from PCs, laptops, mobiles and tablets without the need for cables. The Windows collaboration display supports Miracast for Windows and Android.
The 4K interactive display features Sharp’s latest 10-point P-CAP Capacitive Touch screen technology to make it easy to write on and easy to read from. Sharp’s Pen-on-Paper experience delivers an instant and accurate writing experience akin to that of using a real pen on writing paper.
Windows collaboration display from Sharp meets Microsoft’s specifications for Windows 10 and has been designed to seamlessly work with a host of Microsoft tools based around Office 365. These tools provide businesses a digital hub for teamwork using Microsoft Teams, a collaboration platform that brings conversations, content and tools together in one place.
ABOUT OUR PRESENTER
Douglas McCrae began his executive career 30 years ago in Los Angeles. His finance and entrepreneurial skills were at the forefront in developing a groundbreaking document management and archiving cloud based software platform. Designed for the AEC – Architectural, Engineering and Construction vertical it quickly became the industry standard. Douglas was at the forefront of acquiring a worldwide network of print end point distribution centers that culminated in an extremely successful IPO on the New York Stock Exchange.
He is now active in the leadership at CIP Office Technology. World headquarters in Calgary, CIP is Canada’s largest Sharp servicing dealer and Avaya telephony partner. Douglas is also a partner in CE+P – a California based sugarcane ethanol renewable energy company. Construction is in progress – building $ 600 million facility in Socal that converts sugarcane into low-carbon, fuel-grade ethanol, methane gas and produces electricity.
Fun facts – Douglas is an accomplished amateur golfer – consistently scoring over 100 – sometimes in the front 9…Douglas is also the oldest player in his beer league to ever score a hat trick. His advice for playing hockey is the same as business – surround yourself with the best players and try to stay out of their way !
Note: To encourage members and guests to register early for this event, thanks to CIP Office Technology, we’re offering an Early-Bird Registration Incentive:
1. We still feed you – even in the midst of a CovID19 pandemic! All early-bird registrants will have a submarine sandwich from Douglas McCrae’s favourite locally owned Italian sub shop Peppino- delivered to their door before the presentation to enjoy during the event. Here is the menu to make your selection – let us know your menu choice and delivery address in the note section of the registration http://www.peppinogourmet.com/
From all early-bird attendees who actually check-in for the event and are still online at the end, there will be a draw for four ( 4 ) – $50 gift certificates for dinner at a Calgary eatery (to enjoy once the CovID19 crisis is past).
Both of these incentives are intended to help support businesses struggling during the current crisis. So, what’s the catch, you ask? To qualify for this Early-Bird Registration Incentive, you must register via Eventbrite by 5:00 pm MDT on Friday April 17th.
You must register via Eventbrite to attend this virtual event – registration links for the virtual event will only be sent to those registered. Registrations will NOT be accepted after 12:00 Noon on Tuesday April 21st (i.e. No latecomers allowed!)